Come see Marilyn Brush at the upcoming Cosmoprof North America trade show, July 14th – 16th in Las Vegas, NV.
“I love the Marilyn Brushes they provide the perfect blow out every time even if I am looking for a straight style or loads of volume. I can always count on them to smooth out frizz and close the cuticle. Whether on set, in the salon or at home I can always count on The Marilyn Brush to provide beautiful style.”
Hair and Makeup on “The Tyra Banks Show”
A team of Certified Marilyn® educators is available to teach your salon employees the proper brushing and styling techniques only available via a Certified Marilyn® Educator.
- Hands on training for your team by true trained professionals
- Learn how to properly educate and sell to your staff and your patrons
- Unlock the secrets of the legendary Marilyn® ¼ turn method
Stylists that swear by The Marilyn Brush know the proper way to get results and we’ve made it even easier with these simple how to steps:
Step 1: Get Ready!
- Apply the appropriate finishing product to wet hair, like ProRituals Dream Cream cocktailed with Radiance Gloss Serum.
- Untangle hair with the Freddie hair brush.
- Use a Professional Blow Dryer and work the hair in a circular motion to get rid of excess water. Continue until hair is 70% dry.
Step 2: Get organized!
- Twist hair up into a bun with a hair clip leaving out a perimeter of approximately 2 inches all around.
- Get your Blow Dryer and select Marilyn® Brushes ready for easy access.
Step 3: Polish it up!
- Always begin your blowout at the front of the head. Don’t forget to position the blow dryer perpendicular to the brush, following the hairline.
- Select small sections that fit comfortably within the bristle area of the brush and comb through eliminating any potential tangles.
- Place the section on the bristle area of the brush and allow it to fall freely. Place the brush angled creating some tension, and pull slowly with the nozzle following the brush. You should not have to do it more than twice, otherwise, the hair was too wet.
Step 4: Tricks of the trade
- In order to avoid markings or excess volume, make sure the brush flows downward when pulling the hair. This will guarantee a more natural look, especially around the face.
Step 5: Presto!
- Finish with one of the Marilyn® 100% Boar Bristle Finishing Brushes. This will assure you get a shiny finish on the hair. The Marilyn® Brush will help close the cuticle and protect the hair from humidity.
- Once you have finished, apply ProRituals Mega Hold Hairspray. You can always retouch with your favorite brush!